Friday, January 26, 2007

Another great Macmillan party.

Last night was a sad-happy night. It was the party in honour of Mike Barnard's retirement, Mike being the founding godfather of Macmillan New Writing. Mike ascended even higher in my estimation, when after giving a very warm and witty speech, he joined the live band, strung a guitar over his shoulder and took the lead vocals.

Is there anything that man can't do?

I'm too hungover, I'm afraid, to blog coherently about it, so I will direct you to Matt Curran's blog. Matt's a fellow MNW-er, the author in fact of The Secret War (a copy of which he was good enough to sign for me last night). Matt's said everything I wanted to say, only much better than I ever could.

Other news

I spotted actual copies of A Gentle Axe in Prospero's Books today, even though the official publication is not until next week. It was very unexpected - and exciting.

4 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Enjoy, Roger - and don't forget to ask to sign them!!

:))

A
xxx

cate sweeney said...

Hi Roger
Good to see you at Mike's retirement bash, looking every bit the successful (drunken?) author. Good luck with the book. I've included it on my blog and of course ordered it from Amazon.
Cate

MR MIKEY said...

Hi Roger,
It was great to see you last Thursday night as well. Thanks for your comment and good wishes, and all the very best for the new book. I too will be ordering it shortly and look forward to reading it.
Lucy xx

Roger Morris said...

Hi Lucy, thanks for popping in. I'm kicking myself that I missed the Ainsley moment with you and Cate. Maybe it will come around on the cooking channel? But it was great to see you at the do. Very best wishes with Kindred Spirits. I'm sure it will be snapped up before too long.

David - this is very worrying. I can't really see myself taking on the might of amazon US. I'm in a bit of a quandary, though I think I know the way round it.

RogersPlog? All one word, see? Does that work?