Monday, January 30, 2006

Some things about Macmillan New Writing authors.

I see that my fellow Macmillan New Writer Michael Stephen Fuchs has got himself a very cool website, promoting his own forthcoming book, The Manuscript. Go there. Read an extract. Be impressed. I was.

I have also discovered that Aliya Whiteley, whose novel Three Things About Me will be published by Macmillan New Writing in July, has her own website too. I love the squiggly type effect when you roll over the menu bar. Go on. Try it out. It's fun.

Incidentally, I was browsing the MNW website, checking out the bios of the other authors, when I turned up a few interesting, not to say impressive facts. Brian Martin, the author of North, has an MBE for services to English literature. Cate Sweeney is a successful playwright with a number of professionally produced plays to her credit. Conor Corderoy is both a horse tamer and a qualified barrister.

I could go on, but it's starting to make me feel inadequate. All I've done is write a book. Needless to say, I feel honoured to be in their company.

2 comments:

Aliya Whiteley said...

Hi Roger! Thanks for the plug on your plog. Glad you liked my wibbly wobby website. Why not come along to my forum and play Three Things About Me? You could win a bookmark...

http://aliyawhiteley.com/forum/index.php

roger said...

That sounds like an invitation I can't refuse. I'm off over there now.