Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day four of rehearsals

Today was day four of rehearsals for our opera workshop. And tomorrow is the performance. I can't begin to say how impressed I am at the way it's all come together. The singers have been amazing. There's a set and even lighting.

Yesterday I learnt that the studios we're rehearsing in used to be the gym where the Kray Twins boxed.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. It's going to be great to see the workshopped scenes from beginning to end. Watching the piece take shape has given me a real taste to see the whole opera produced. I just keep thinking of the bits we're not workshopping and wondering how they would look and sound.

We all hope that one day a full production will come out of this week's hard work.

In the meantime, I heard from Kristen at We Be Reading about a fab review she's written of A Vengeful Longing.

No comments: