Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Froogle me.

I’ve been checking my amazon associates figures to see how many copies of Taking Comfort I’ve sold through the plog's advertising links.

The current figure is... let me just check again… oh yes, zero.

There are three possible reasons for this.

Reason one – no one can see the amazon box on the right, or the search box at the bottom of the page. Invisible links would naturally suppress sales. I have to confess that I am one of the ones who can’t see these links, at least not on my PC at home, though I can see them on my mac at work. Strange. Must be the internet’s way of telling me not to be so self-obsessed.

Reason two – the book isn’t available yet. Okay, you’re waiting for it to come out. That’s fine. But I would hate for you to be disappointed. The best way to avoid that is to place your order now, then you can be sure of getting your copy as soon as it’s out. And in good time to take part in Read A New Author Month.

Reason three – people have ideological objections to buying stuff through amazon. That’s fair enough. I admire principles in others because I am so incapable of holding firm to them myself. So froogle me. You’ll find a number of other online retailers offering my book, though I should warn you, none of them is as cheap as amazon. Ah well, that’s the price you pay for having principles, I suppose.

2 comments:

Paul Campbell said...

You should have at least one sale showing...

I'm pretty sure I got to Amazon from here.

Maybe they don't show up until the book's published.

Roger Morris said...

Thanks Paul! It's still showing zero. Maybe that's the case, or maybe amazon are diddling me.