Monday, December 12, 2005

Why stop at one?

I've been receiving lots of support and advice concerning RANAM (Read A New Author Month). If you remember, the first RANAM is due to take place during April 2006. I can hardly wait, especially as it coincides with the release of my own first novel.

One supporter to get in touch was a man who thinks nothing of writing a 50,000 word novel in a month. He points out that reading a novel by a new author in 30 days is, actually, a bit of a breeze. So, why not read two?

To help you out, I’ve paired up six randomly selected books by new authors that will be available in April.

Taking Comfort and North.
The Manuscript and Dark Rain.
Selfish Jean and Across the Mystic Shore.

Hmm. There’s something a little predictable about those pairings, I think. Let me try again.

Taking Comfort and Across the Mystic Shore.
The Manuscript and Selfish Jean.
North and Dark Rain.

Alternatively:

Taking Comfort and Selfish Jean.
North and The Manuscript.
Across the Mystic Shore and Dark Rain.


If you prefer, you could use my patented random title-suggesting-engine.

2 comments:

Steve Kane said...

The choices are endless! What to read, what to read?

Roger Morris said...

Steve - I know. So many books, so little time. That's why I tried to help people with my random pairings.

Debra - what a great idea! If only there were more people like you.

Roger.